Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Peaceful walk

So Clark is still at airborne school and has been there for about two weeks which means he is almost done and going to be home soon. I have been here just settling in to our apartment still and getting used to being by myself. I have learned that I sleep terrible. 
It has also taken me a while to get out of the house more and go on adventures on my own. It is weird when your so far away from all your friends and family and even your spouse is away. In a new city across the country but I know I just need to immerse myself in the experience. So I have started going on walks in the evening to become more familiar with my surroundings and just become more comfortable with this new city I am living in. 
It has been a work in progress but I am trying. And I guess thats all I can really do. In other news I am heading to Georgia this weekend to visit Clark for the long Labor Day weekend and I am very excitied. So say the least. I want to go into Alabama at least a bit so I can check off another state! 
love, Carlee

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love taking peaceful walks by myself but don't do it nearly enough. These photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love that the post I picked to comment on has a comment from Sarah! 2. You have no idea how much I can relate to this. I relocated in 2011 with my now husband from Vegas to Richmond, VA and he traveled 5 days a week, EVERY week so I spent the majority of my time in a new city alone. I must say that you seem to be better at acclimating than I ever was/am.

    Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment! I think we have/are going through very similar situations right now. I hope you had a great Labor Day and are having a great start to September :)

    xoxohannah
    xoxohannah.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee