Friday, March 18, 2016

Chocolate Coconut Easter Nests

Super simple recipe! And these totally remind me of my childhood. My mom and I always make "haystacks" (what we call them) at Christmas. Which is just chocolate and coconut. And she would always make these nests at Easter. Which is basically the same just add chocolate eggs or jelly beans (although I prefer the chocolate) so it all agrees with the taste buds haha.
You'll Need:
- Colored chocolate : I used green and purple
- Coconut
- Chocolate Eggs : I used Whopper Robin Egg Malt Balls (you can also use jelly beans)

Direction:
-Melt one color of chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 1-1:30 minutes. (You can do this in a double boiler but with small quantities I found the microwave easiest)
-Stir in coconut into melted chocolate. Make sure all the coconut is covered with the colored chocolate and nothing is pecking out.
-Use your thumb to make a hole for the eggs to go. I placed the eggs in the chocolate right away so they stayed in their firmly but you could probably wait until after they cool. Just make sure to make a hole so they have a place to go. Once the chocolate is cool is it fairly hard.
-Let cool. I put mine in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.

I chose green and purple chocolate, which I found at the craft store. I was deciding between pink, yellow, green, blue and purple. Obviously you can choose all the colors but that would have made WAY to many for me.
And thats all there is to it folks. SUPER easy like I said. And they are very yummy. Personally I still like them a little warm but for these photos I had to let them cool. But they were still great. A fun Easter recipe and I am always down for something that reminds me of my mom and my childhood. Nostalgia for the win. Am I right? haha
love, Carlee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee