Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Blog of the spring: Little Red Bowtalk

Hey guys, once again one of my favorite times of the season when I get to share a great blog with you all! Marlyn from Little Red Bowtalk has the best style ever. I love all the pretty dresses she wears. I am also so inspired by her owning her own online shop with the cutest name ever, Little Red Bowtique


When and why did you start your blog Little Red Bowtalk?
I first started my blog in 2010, it was called The Marlyn Monologues. It was much like a little journal where I would write my thoughts and things that were going on in my life. I didn't update it much. It wasn't until 2012 when I really found my love for blogging. I changed the name to Little Red Bowtalk, because of my shop name (Little Red Bowtique). I got so much inspiration from reading other blogs that I decided that I really wanted to commit to my own. I'm glad I made that decision too! I really enjoy what comes with the package! 

Tell us more about yourself and your blog?
I am a 23 year old with a passion for thrifting, crafting, and life. I am happily married to my best friend, Jon. He is my partner in crime, and my biggest encourager! We live in a little city called Modesto in the sunny state of California. In May of 2012, I graduated from CSU Stanislaus with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Accounting. I currently have an online shop, Little Red Bowtique, where I sell my creations (bows, hair accessories, collars, etc.) and clothes. My dream would be to start a local shop, and I hope to make it a reality in the future. I also love music! I taught myself how to play the guitar a few years ago. Little Red Bowtalk is where I share my outfits, inspirations, projects, recipes, and adventures.

How would you describe your personal style?
I believe that style is the most enjoyable form of self-expression. So would say that my style is very me! I'm really drawn to polka dots, Peter Pan collars, and bows. I also love dresses. I just think that they make dressing up so easy, and they are also super comfy! I also love mixing prints, colors, and textures. 

Who takes your outfit photos and what type of camera do you use?
I have a Canon EOS Rebel T4i.  Recently, I've been taking my own outfit photos. My husband is the man behind the camera sometimes too. I've been getting to know my camera better, and I hope to learn a lot more!
I see you have your own online shop, what inspired you to start it?
Running my own business has always been a dream of mine. I also enjoy fashion! So that mix is what inspired me to start Little Red Bowtique.
What advice would you give to others wanting to start an online shop?
I would advise them to plan, organize, and have fun! Do something you love! Also, stay optimistic and dedicated!
What does your typical day look like?

I try to stay as busy as possible everyday. I usually have a to-do list of the places I need to go and the things I need to do. Most of the time, I stop by the post office first thing in the morning to drop off my orders for my shop. Throughout the day you can find me at home working, cooking, cleaning, planning, and blogging. At the end of the day, you can find me relaxing with my hubby watching a movie. That's definitely my favorite part of the day. Staying busy is important to me. I believe that the busier I stay, the happier I will be. That way I will have no time to sweat the small stuff.


What are some of your dreams and goals for the future?
One of my biggest goals is to keep moving forward with both my blog and my shop. They are both things that I really enjoy updating! Another dream of mine is to be the best wife and the best mother to my future kids. Family is so important to me, and I'm really excited to see what the future brings Jon and I. 

Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Just have fun, and be YOU! There is no one exactly like you in this world, and that is what will distinguish your blog from others. Happy blogging! 

What do you think of Marlyn, do you like her as much as I do? Be sure to check out her blog and her shop. You can even like her on Facebook and follow on instagram!


7 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty cool outfits. She has such a sweet smile. I'm loving the turquoise dress in the first photos. It is my favourite colour. :) Plus bow-tights. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she just darling!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i want those outfits..All of them! How cute are they & she's beautiful. I'm stopping by from Bloglovin & I hope your having a great evening.

    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable is she!?! :) she has beautiful outfits!!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, thank you for sharing. She's totally adorable! I am going to have to cruise over and check out her blog, now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh love her style! so cute!

    Josie
    FineandFeathered.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. She seems really cool and I can't wait to check out her blog! Great post Carlee! Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday :)

    xoxo
    My Blog, Crystal's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee