Thursday, March 7, 2013

My maid-of-honor and bridesmaid invites

I knew that when I asked my maid-of-honor and bridesmaids to be in my wedding I wanted it to be special and I definitely wanted to design a card for them to open and get to keep. I loved this saying when asking your girls to be in your wedding. So this is the one I went with. 
I hand drew the little doodles to frame the saying and I choose the color pink because it was girly. I actually am now having pastel pinks as my main wedding color I loved it so much. I including little punch out hearts with each one of the cards then fell to the ground when they opened the card. It was a nice touch. 
Each one of the ladies I asked teared up when they realized what they had opened and what I was asking. It was a wonderful moment. I was surprised about how emotional they were but it was so great and I am excited to get to share my day with my three lovely ladies. I am also planning on designing my own wedding invitations, I am sure that will be a process and I will be sharing it all as well. 
On the inside I included little bullet points about different aspects of the wedding. The inside reads: 

Expectations: That you stand by my side on my wedding day and help fill my day with love and happiness. Please, help to keep me sane on this big day. The only events you are required to attend are the rehearsal dinner, the wedding ceremony and the reception. I would love to have some sort of bridal shower and bachelorette party so hopefully you wonderful ladies can figure something out. 
You are more then welcome to bring dates. Just let me know.

Dress/attire: With your input of course, I will be picking out the dress to be worn by you on my wedding day. Something that flatters everyone. You will have to purchase your own dress as customary for the bridal party. 
Shoes: You will be responsible for your own shoes. Something that is pretty that goes with the dress. If you already own a pair you think will work then great.
Hair: do whatever you look best in. Maybe an up-do because I will most likely be wearing my hair down. But it is really up to you. We will all be helping each other get ready.
Make-up: You obviously know what looks best on you, so do just that. Nothing to over the top.

I promise: To not turn into a crazy bitch. (hopefully) To be happy and thankful that you are sharing this big moment with me. I will need you to tell me jokes, be honest with me, and remind me that this day is about LOVE and Clark and I. I promise to always stay in touch no matter where our lives take us. Thank you for all of your love and support thus far.  

You three ladies:
This includes the girls' names and email addresses.
These cards are now available in my card shop in the color shown above and blank on the inside. If you would like your weddings colors on the bridesmaid cards I would love to do a custom order for you just send my a conversation through Etsy or email me at littleslothcards@gmail.com 
love, Carlee 

9 comments:

  1. These are way awesome and I need them really bad!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet. I'm sure all of the bridesmaids will really appreciate them.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute girl! I did something similar for my bridesmaids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute - and so much thought and effort put into them.

    It's the little things, you know?

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so adorable....what a sweet way to ask your friends!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. i made cards too....yours are adorable!!!! Lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so cute! i need to check out your card shop. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee