Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July

Happy Independence Day everyone! What a great day and I love how the 4th of July is celebrated. The fireworks, watermelon, hotdogs, hamburgers, camping, family, bbq, baseball, is what I think of when I think of the 4th of July. We always had big family gatherings and my hometown in eastern Washington (the state) has a pretty great firework show. And last year was a very eventful weekend because Clark and I got married on July 5th! So you know we will be celebrating that tomorrow. 
This year we are celebrating the 4th away from our home in Washington and in our new home of North Carolina for the first time. I definitely wanted to watch fireworks this year so I did a little research and found that Fort Bragg does a firework display but I figured that everyone would trying to get on base and it would be a mad house. Then I started looking at the Raleigh and Durham area. And decided to get baseball tickets to watch the Durham Bulls play again and we will have the perfect spot to watch the fireworks in Durham. So we are headed up to Durham today. Follow in real time on my instagram @carleewengel
Currently, I am so happy that I didn’t make plans to take a trip to the coast this weekend. I am sure you have heard about Tropical Storm Arthur getting close to the lower east coast. Back in May, I was thinking that we should go on a trip or head to the coast for the weekend because it is 4th of July and also our anniversary. I am glad we just decided to go to Charleston SC and Myrtle Beach in June and keep in low key this weekend. Good thing we did or our weekend would have been ruined my the storm anyways. Hopefully the weather stays good throughout today and I find some shade and water to combat this heat. Have a Happy 4th.
love, Carlee
Tank and Shorts: Target
Shoes: DSW

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the start to an amazing 4th of July. Loving the white shorts and red striped tee though. Super cute.

    xx Sarah | Loser Girl Wins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charleston is my home! Isn't it beautiful here? Glad you're 4th was lovely! :)

    http://sincerelyalaska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I read and enjoy every single one. Have a question for me, I will reply as soon as I can. Love , Carlee